This recipe Serves 2 – great for your next Date Night at home!!!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- fresh cracked black pepper and kosher salt
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons nonpareil capers, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Place chicken breasts into a resealable plastic bag. Pound with a meat mallet (a rolling pin would work as well) until flattened to 1/4 inch thick. Remove from bag and sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper. Note: You want them a uniform thickness so they cook evenly.
- Mix together flour and panko bread crumbs on a plate. Dredge chicken breasts in mixture. Allow to set for 10 minutes.
- In a large pan heat olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat. Once butter melts cook chicken until browned, 3-4 minutes per side. Remove, transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm. Reserve pan drippings.
- To the same pan that you cooked the chicken in combine lemon juice, white wine, chicken broth and capers with the pan drippings. Cook over medium heat until reduced by 1/3 about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add in remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Swirl sauce in pan until butter melts.
- Uncover chicken, transfer to serving platter. Pour sauce over the top. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve.
While good on its own this dish is really really good when served over angel hair pasta. Just place the chicken on a bed of pasta, pour the sauce over the top and enjoy!