Never buy canned cranberry sauce again. This Easy Cranberry YUM Sauce is so simple and tasty, it will become the highlight of your Thanksgiving meal. Funny how your taste buds change over the years. No more sliced-can-cran-sauce. #GoFresh
- 12 ounces cranberries
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- secret ingredient… (optional) – 1 shot of Dark Myers Rum… Yum!
Remember to wash those cranberries well. Remove the stems if needed. Remove the bad ones.
- In a medium sized saucepan over medium heat, dissolve the sugar and orange juice.
- Pour in the cranberries and cook until the cranberries start to pop (about 10 minutes).
- Use your spoon to help pop the unpopped ones. It helps to ensure they’re all “mashed”.
- Add the secret ingredient if you like!
- Remove from heat and place the sauce in a bowl.
- The Cranberry Sauce will thicken as it cools.
- I usually make this the day BEFORE a dinner or event… or the night before Thanksgiving. As the next day, its nicely congealed.
If you need a visual reference to follow along, see below…