This hubby of mine is actually a better cook than me. The care he takes to put into his food – each ingredient, each spice, the type of meat, and more – always leaves me excited to take the first bite. I KNOW its going to be good. Well “good” is an understatement.
These meatballs are don’t even need pasta or garlic bread. And my 3 year old son left the ravioli on the plate as he devoured his serving as well. That’s proof!
Definitely a “hands on” treat! Enjoy!
- 1/3 lb of each ground italian sausage, beef, and veal
- 2 eggs, whisked in a bowl
- 3 slices of white sliced bread
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup of ricotta
Note: Makes 24 meatballs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Soak the bread in cold milk for about five minutes, ringing out the excess milk and pulling the bread apart with your fingers.
- Combine the meat, eggs, bread, bread crumbs, parmesan, garlic powder, salt, pepper, italian seasoning, black pepper, parsley and ricotta. Mix together.
- Using an ice cream scoop, portion out the meatballs onto sheet pan and then roll them into consistent balls. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked thoroughly.
- Add to tomato sauce or good jarred sauce and cook an additional 7-10 minutes
Serve with your favorite pasta, ravioli, garlic bread, salad, or veggie!
You must log in to post a comment.